Personal data is information that can be linked to you as an individual. Personal data may be your name, phone number, address, but it could also be an IP addresses, behavior patterns, or assessment/profiling made from a data set. We will need some of your personal information to best respond to your inquiry and provide you with the right information.
All use of personal data is considered processing. This can be, for example, collection, registration, compilation, storage and extradition or a combination of these actions.
Milepelen Vertshus AS is the data processor, and we are responsible for the personal data processed in connection with the use of our services and in customer relations. Our role as data processor primarily implies that we are responsible and we must comply with the current law regarding privacy (GDPR).
Inquiries and relations
In order for us to answer your inquiries we need some information to reach you. This is the information you provide in the various contact forms on our website. You can choose if you wish to be contacted by e-mail or phone by filling in the respective fields. Your personal information will not be used for any purpose other than responding to your inquiry and possibly adding you as a customer. If your inquiry is answered and it does not lead to anything else, we will delete your email within 1 month.
When you visit our site, we record different types of information about you though a "cookie." A cookie is, in short, a small file that is stored locally in your browser. A cookie can not perform actions, perform actions or be harmful/contain viruses.
What user information is registered
When you visit Milepelen Vertshus AS online, we record different types of information about you as a user:
- Your position, using a part from your IP address, location data
- Your web behavior, i.e. which pages you visit on our site, how often you visit and what you do on the various pages
- Technical information about your browser and your operating system
All information is automatically anonymized and will not be used by either us or any third party to identify you as a person. Nor will the information be used for marketing purposes, just strictly for analytical purposes.
How we collect and store information about you
Information about you as a user is captured and stored using cookies and in some cases a part of your IP address, which is anonymized and unavailable to us and the third party.
All data traffic between your browser and our servers is encrypted and is stored with our strict data security requirements. The same goes for all traffic to third parties, which is Google Analytics.
The purposes for using data collected on the site
Data generated from your web behavior is being used for different purposes:
Cookies for analytical purposes
- Owner: Google
- Expires: after 1 minute
- Purpose: This cookie is used to gather information on specific page elements that have a Google Tag, which is created in Google Tag Manager. The information collected will depend on your user behavior on the site; primarily what you click on and if you make use of our contact forms. We collect this information to see how our webpage is experienced by users, and to improve the functionality and content. The information is completely anonymous and cannot be linked to a single person
- Owner: Google
- Expires: the cookie itself expires after 2 years, but anonymous user and event data will be removed in Google Analytics after 14 months from the date the data was recorded.
- Purpose: this cookie is used in a similar way as _gat, but it collects information in general about your journey on the website; what you click on, how long you are on different pages, and if you make use our contact forms or calculator.We collect this information to see how the website is experienced by users, andto improve the functionality and content.The information is completely anonymous and cannot be linked to a single person. User and event data associated with cookies, user identifiers, or advertising identifiers are stored in Google Analytics
- Owner: Google
- Expires: after 24 hours
- Purpose: the purpose of this cookie is the same as _ga, but this cookie's specific feature is to distinguish between users of the site. It does this by using a part of your IP address and it also finds your approximate location from this bit of the IP address .Location data isn’t more accurate than a city or town, and cannot be linked to a person’s home adress. Your IP address will be anonymized both for us and Google in this process.
Cookies for functional purposes
- Owner: Milepelen Vertshus AS
- Expires: after the end of session (when you go to another page or close the browser)
- Purpose: this cookie is mainly used to save your settings on the website so that it works the way you want. The cookie stores, among other things, your language selection.
Block or delete cookies
You can block cookies and delete registered cookies in your browser, if you wish. However, we note that this may prevent some of the functionality of the site, especially the cookie « asp.sid ». There are multiple easy guides for managing your cookies in different browsers available, and this is one of them https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-delete-cookies-2617981
Deletion of personal data and right of access
Once you no longer have any business with us, we will still need to keep your personal information and relevant records regarding your customer relations with us. The same goes for information regarding a partnership between your company and us. This information is deleted from our systems when other laws requiring storage and/or archiving expire after 10 years. Person data and records regarding customers and/or partners will not be deleted if disclosure of criminal offenses or litigation is in progress.
The Norwegian Data Inspectorate states that: "The maximum deadline for deletion for all information is 10 years after registration. The Data Inspectorate cannot see that there is a legal basis for storage beyond this."
Right of access to information
If you are a customer, or have been in contact with us, you have the right to access our records of your personal data, and we also have to inform you about our processing activities. If you wish to use your right of access to your data you need to contact us so we can help you further.
Suspected unauthorized access
You must contact us directly if you suspect that unauthorized access to your personal data has been made by one of our employees. We will assist you when ordering an investigation. If it is found that your suspicion is justified, you will be notified. You will receive information that the case is handled by Milepelen Vertshus AS and reported to the Data Inspectorate.
We provide answers to all orders for access to information as soon as possible and within 30 days. Some cases may take longer time, if this happens, we will let you know and keep you updated along the way.